GREAT PYRENEES CLUB OF AMERICA CERTIFICATION
Permission has been granted by the Great Pyrenees Club of America for the holding of this event under the Great Pyrenees Club of America Draft Test rules and regulations.
Judy Skorup, GPCA Versatility & Draft Chair
GREAT PYRENEES CLUB OF AMERICA 2024 DRAFT DOG TEST COMMITTEE
DRAFT TEST CHAIR: Catherine Walker, Harrisburg, IL 62946
DRAFT TEST SECRETARY: Christine Palmer-Persen, Windsor, CA 95492
DRAFT COMMITTEE: Charlotte Bascom, Laurie M. Greaney,
Christine Palmer-Persen, Judy Skorup, Catherine Walker
DRAFT TEST JUDGES
Jim & MaryJo Rasmussen, 361 Foster Trail, Louisa, VA 23093
DRAFT TEST NOTICE TO EXHIBITORS:
MAIL ALL ENTRIES WITH FEES to Christine Palmer-Persen, 2847 Mark West Station Rd., Windsor, CA 95492. Do not send entries to J. Rau Dog Shows. Should acknowledgements not be received by the exhibitor within a reasonable time, please notify the Show Secretary at the address above, email her: email@example.com or telephone 707-838-8587. Fees are $40 per entry payable to: G.P.C.A. – Versatility.
THE FREIGHT HAUL COURSE will be wide enough to accommodate wheelchairs or other assistance a participant may need in order to complete the course. If a participant needs accommodation for a handicap, the request MUST be included with the Entry Form.
DATE, TIME, LOCATION: Monday, April 1, 2024 at 1 pm. Entrants must report with equipment for check in one hour before scheduled judging outdoors at: Crowne Plaza Hotel, 1 Resort Drive, Asheville, NC 28806
ENTRY LIMIT: 10 teams. Classes are limited to Novice, Open and Brace (see below for specifics). There will be no more than two freight hauls. Wait list for additional entries; notification will be sent out after entries close.
DRAFT TEST CLASSES:
Novice Draft: The Novice class shall be for dogs who have not earned the Novice Draft Dog title (NDD) or have earned the Novice Draft Dog title (NDD) but have not earned the Draft Dog title (DD). All exercises except the recall, group stay, harnessing and hitching are performed on leash. However, the leash must be visibly slack and is not to be used to physically guide the dog during exercises. Guiding, jerking, and/or tight leash will result in a failing performance.
Open Draft: The Open Draft class shall be for dogs who have earned either the Novice Draft Dog title (NDD) or the Draft Dog title (DD) from any breed club. All exercises are performed off leash.
Novice Brace Draft: Novice Brace Draft shall be for two-dog teams that have individually earned either their Novice Draft Dog (NDD) or Draft Dog (DD) title & have not earned a Novice Brace Draft title. All exercises are the same as those of Novice Draft.
AWARDS AND PRIZES: Qualifiers of the April 1, 2024 Draft Test will be awarded GPCA Draft Title certificate, a rosette, and a ceramic Christmas ornament after the test. All participants will receive a gift. Donations from supporters to cover Draft Test expenses are very welcome. Make checks payable to: GPCA- Versatility and mail to Draft Test Secretary.
DRAFT DOG REGULATIONS AVAILABLE FROM: the GPCA Versatility Facebook page or from Versatility Chair Judy Skorup
Medvet Veterinary Specialty & Emergency, 677 Brevard Rd., Asheville, NC 28806 (828) 665 – 4399. Open 24 hrs.-7 days/wk.
DRAFT TEST INSTRUCTIONS
- A registered dog or a dog with an ILP/PAL number dog must be entered in the name of the person who owned it at the time entries for this show closed.
- The dog may be handled through the exercises by a person other than the registered owner, but only one person may work with the dog throughout the entire test. Accommodations for people unable to walk the entire course will be made available. The course will be wide enough to allow for wheelchair access.
- Entries MUST INCLUDE the measurements for the width of the cart that will be used, including the wheel hubs. Entries will not be complete without this information.
- Entrants are responsible for providing their own freight haul weights.
- Entrants are responsible for obtaining GPCA Draft Test Regulations and being familiar with them. All GPCA Draft Test Regulations will be followed. Unentered dogs present must be crated/on leash & always kept away from the ring. All owners are expected to clean up after exercising their dogs.
- All entries MUST INCLUDE the Official Draft Test Entry Form and the Agreement. Entries will not be processed without the Agreement.
- Be aware that the first component of the test, Basic Control, requires knowledge of some obedience exercises.
- If a dog has earned a CD title from the AKC (Companion Dog Obedience), the Basic Control component of the test is waived for the Novice Draft Test entry. If a dog has earned an AKC RE (Rally Excellent) or an AKC CDX (Obedience Companion Dog Excellent) title, the Basic Control component of the test is waived for the Open Draft Test entry. Include a copy of the appropriate AKC title certificate with your entry.
- For Open entries: A NDD or DD title from any breed club will be recognized. Include a copy of the NDD or DD breed title certificate with your Open entry to Trial Secretary.
- Entries will close when limit is reached or March 6, 2024 at 5 pm PDST., after which time entries cannot be accepted, cancelled, or altered, except as specifically allowed in the current GPCA Draft Test Regulations.
- Move ups will be permitted up to 30 minutes before check in time to the Draft Test. See Draft Test Secretary for move ups.
Official Great Pyrenees Club of America Entry Form
DRAFT DOG TEST held and hosted by the GREAT PYRENEES CLUB of AMERICA and supported by GPCA VERSATILITY COMMITTEE
Entries close at Secretary’s office, 5:00 pm PDST Wednesday, March 6, 2024 or when limit is reached. Mail entries with fees, payable to G.P.C.A.-Versatility to the Test Secretary: Christine Palmer-Persen, 2847 Mark West Station Rd, Windsor, CA 95492.
Entry fees: $40.00/team. Make checks or money orders payable to G.P.C.A.-Versatility. Do not mail entries to J. Rau Dog Shows.
I enclose $__________ for entry fees. Acknowledgement of entry may be sent to the email address below.
|Draft Test Class Width of Cart at Widest Point
|Type and weight of freight haul weights.
Dog (+ Call name)
|q AKC Reg. No.
q AKC Litter No.
q ILP/PAL No.
q Foreign Reg. No. & Country
|Place of birth: __USA __Canada
Do not print above in Catalog
I (we) acknowledge that the GPCA Draft Test Regulations have been made available to me (us), and that I am (we are) familiar with their contents and that I (we) agree to abide by these Regulations at this/these GPCA Draft Tests. I (we) understand that I (we) enter a dog at the GPCA Draft Test/s at my (our) own risk. I (we) certify that I am (we are) that actual owner of the dog being entered. I (we) agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the GPCA and the American Kennel Club in effect at the time of this show, and by any additional rules and regulations printed in this premium list for this show. I (we) further agree to be bound by the agreement on this entry form.
Signature of owner duly
authorized to make this entry_________________________________________
Phone # Email
Physical Accommodation required for Freight Haul________________________
I (we) agree that the club holding this Draft Dog title competition has the right to refuse this entry for cause which the club shall deem to be sufficient. In consideration of the acceptance of this entry and of the holding of the show and of the opportunity to have dog judged and to win certificates, I (we) agree to hold this club, its members, directors, governors, officers, agents, superintendents or show secretary and the owner or lessor of the premises and any employees of the aforementioned parties harmless from any claim for loss or injury that may be alleged to have been caused directly or indirectly to any person or thing by the act of this dog while in or upon the show premises or grounds or near any entrance thereto, and I (we) personally assume the responsibility and liability for any such claim, and I (we) further agree to hold the aforementioned parties harmless from any claim for loss of this dog by disappearance, theft, death, or otherwise, and from any claim for damage or injury to the dog whether such loss, disappearance, the damage or injury by caused or alleged to be caused by negligence of the club or any of the parties aforementioned, or by the negligence of another person or any other cause or causes.
I (we) hereby assume the sole responsibility for and agree to indemnify and save the aforementioned parties harmless from any and all loss and expense (including legal fees) by reason of the liability imposed by law upon any of the aforementioned parties for damage because of bodily injuries, including death at any time resulting therefrom, sustained by any person or persons, including myself (ourselves) or on account of damage to property arising out of or in consequence of my (our) participation in this show, howsoever such injuries, death or damage to property may be caused and whether, or not the same may have been caused or may be alleged to have been caused by negligence of the aforementioned parties or any of their employees or agents, or any other persons.
I (we) certify that the dog entered is not a hazard to persons or other dogs. This entry is submitted for acceptance on the foregoing representation and agreement.